Thursday 17 January 2019

Get back on the horse when you fall off - Recapturing good habits and po...

We've all no doubt experienced times in life when we lose the resolve and resilience to carry on with good habits and positive practices. It can be as simple as falling out of the habit of going to the gym, meditating, carefully managing our money or giving our relationships the attention they deserve. When this happens, we have a choice whether to quickly acknowledge this, and pick up the good habits again, or to lament the fact, hating or judging ourselves and delaying getting back to the good habits. When this happens, we NEED to get back on the horse and pick up with the good habits again to see their effects in our life. 


Inspired by one of my recent blog posts (http://bit.ly/2VTzCdi) this video explores what our reactions can be when we lose the good habits and how to approach picking them up again. I refer to my own experiences of losing the habit of going to the gym and looking after my health. I managed a solid 6 months of gym going in 2018 before losing the habit! I found the excellent book, the Four Hour Body by Tim Ferriss which helped me to rediscover my resolve and to start looking after myself again, but it was only at the start of the new year when I started back at the gym in earnest. You can pick up the Four Hour Body at https://amzn.to/2DdUk0a 


If your plans, habits and good intentions have been knocked off track, maybe this video will help you to restore your motivation and get back on the horse! 


If you have any comments or feedback on this episode you can reach out by email on toby@kintsugilife.co 


If you'd like to receive the occasional message from me containing thoughts, information or inspiration related to living a better life after divorce, you can join my mailing list at the following link: bit.ly/Choosing-to-Thrive


Thanks and have a great day! Toby



No comments:

Post a Comment